20th November - Bedgebury, Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
More specific details...

Times & Locations

Date: Sunday 20th November
Time: 10:00 for faffing, 10:15 meet, 10:30 to start (can be adjusted if required)
Bedgebury: http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/INFD-6N4EJX#find
Postcode for Satnav: TN17 2SJ

Parking is £8.50 for the day - either at the hut by the entrance on the way in, or if that is closed there are pay & display machines in the car park.

Propose meeting near the the giant pine cone thing @ 10:15 - its the yellow thing in square M6 http://www.bedgeburypinetum.org.uk/stor ... id%202.pdf (find the ice cream van at the edge of the main car-park and you'll see it).

Other Stuff
Quench Cycles have a shop on-site for those essential "forgot to pack them" items, they'll even hire you a bike (non-retro obviously), and for a fee, have a jet-wash to clean up things afterward.

On STW, there are regular questions of the form "what tyres for xxx?" In answer to this, I can strongly recommend two tyres, in the traditional one at the front, one at the back arrangement.

If I've forgotten anything let me know.

TedC":2nfz34b3 said:

If I've forgotten anything let me know.

Ted, you forgot the Cake, you forgot the CAKE...

There is a cafe which serves hot and cold food / drinks. They make cakes often. They also do something called 'savoury food' whatever that is. Its a good cafe, gets busy tho so prepare for a wait.

There is also a rather civilised toilet block with showers. If it is wet, it may be worth taking a change of clothes. The Jetwash uses 'recycled' water so its probably not ideal for cleaning humans. Yes, I already asked on your behalves.

If the hut is closed, the parking machines take coins so don't forget that.

Is this still going ahead?

Any ideas on numbers?

Anyone ridden there this weekend? What are conditions like at the mo?

Still going on from my side.

Was there on Sunday[*] - weather was gorgeous, trail conditions were OK - couple of damp patches on the linking fireroad sections but the main trail was fine. If you start with a clean bike, it won't be after a lap, but it won't be so bad you're thinking new transmission. :shock:

[*] lap of family loop with OH, followed by lap of Red plus a few bits, on something frightfully modern (for me anyway).

[EDIT]
Cake conditions as follows:
Date and Walnut cake was as fine as ever.
Other cakes were available.

Cheers Ted,
I can't remember which trails we rode on the "avoid the nuptials" ride - but it's sounding good.
I'll stick some grippier rubber on - the Conti Twisters might not be the best choice.

Carge":3a6n7j9z said:
Cheers Ted,
I can't remember which trails we rode on the "avoid the nuptials" ride - but it's sounding good.
I'll stick some grippier rubber on - the Conti Twisters might not be the best choice.

"avoid the nuptials" was the red route, and you and Smokes also did the "black" section with the large-ish, non-rollable drop-offs.

I was running Nobby Nic's with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back