whats the one thing you missed?

tony pony

Dirt Disciple
Back in the day for me it was allways a set of onza ho cranks and perhaps a disc drive? what about you there must be lots of bits that were seen by you guys as ultimate kit?

Er...

Cindy Devine's saddle!

No seriously - I always liked seeing proper works/race bikes featured in Mountain Bike Action - especially in black and white pics. They always seemed so refined, used, trick as hell and 'proper' mountain bikes.

I was always keen to see the builds people were using...

I mean how cool and tricked out was this? All the race sponsors stickers and the totally "used" look?

Yeti ultimate or c 26 would have been nice, but like most people on this site I was a penniless kid when the peak of mtb cool happened and the best I could afford was a raleigh magnum restickered as a muddy fox courier. Reliving my childhood now that I have money, unfortunately the fitness has left me and the realisation that girls aren't attracted to 30 something year olds with bear bellies and asthmatic wheezes on $4000 bikes has dawned on me...damn you mortal body, damn you aging, how cruel fate can be-give with one hand, take with the other......

john tomacs raleigh replica racer :D
after watching the plymouth world cup XC walked back to the campsite & saw about 30people huddled around the back of a minivan.. there to see tomac you might think? Nope! just his bike while bob gregario worked on it.
this was like the holy grail of bikes back then, stupid mega spendy & ultra rare, tho I guess in reality the appeal was more Tomac based? ..whatever, cool looking bike :D

tinkers liddle klein adriot dripping with purple exotica was also pretty cool :)

Latest posts

Back