MOTOR CHAT

we had a couple of beemers when we were rich
great cars love them
tho i'm told my half of the x5 i half own has problems
:roll:

Looks like the Pajero's been stolen - gutted :cry:

Still holding out some hope that it's been moved by the council for gutter cleaning or something but the only other time that happend they were able to tell me straight away at the cop shop, they didn't this time. Not long had it back since putting a new engine in either...

Tell me about it - I'm struggling for silver linings at the moment but I usually had various parts/tools in the back, it was unusually empty and all I can think of that I've lost (at the moment) is my shock pump.

It's going to have a knock-on effect on bike stuff as I'm starting a new job in 4 weeks - with a commute to Perth 2 days a week, so got to get it replaced pretty soon. Never rains but it pours eh?

That sucks Rumble, thieving scumbags :x

Bullpup":9g7pfqjs said:
clockworkgazz":9g7pfqjs said:
That looks plush mark, you can wipe the mud off very easily given the cream leather seats, just slap the bikes in the back seats :LOL:

The boot must be big enough to put them there - just pull the front wheel?

Not tried getting the bike in it yet but should go in the boot somehow, maybe try tomorrow, if not i'll just sling the rack on it :) , body is ok but not mint so wont be too precious about it.

Spent most of today sticking an engine in my Polo (good engine from my old blue 93 Polo replacing the nackered engine in my new white 90 Polo), blue one will be getting stripped and scrapped poor wee thing :(

Will NEED to get out on the bike tomorrow though, rain or hailstorm, probably just local, not been out in ages :oops:

Finally got my Polo together :) , had it out and about for a while today, seems to be going great (and it should having changed the engine, ECU, wiring loom etc, etc :roll: )

SAM_0312.jpg

SAM_0313.jpg

SAM_0314.jpg

Took some more pics of the old beemer, the most comfy car i've owned so far, but then not hard considering most of my past cars have had no carpets or stereo :)

SAM_0316.jpg

SAM_0317.jpg

Tons of kit inside, even has these namby pamby lights above the namby pamby vanity mirrors :LOL: , also has a rechargeable torch in the glove box (which is pretty handy actually)

SAM_0318.jpg

Big straight six, access is pretty tight, must be worse on the V8's and a nightmare on the V12, motor is silky smooth though :cool:

SAM_0319.jpg

No comments about the dodgy stains on the radiator cowling please :roll: :LOL:

man that polo is in cracking shape Mark, hope you can keep the tin worm away from it. how many miles on the BM? did you fix the heater?

Back