Readers wives

sunchaser":1tgp2rpx said:
:shock: :cool: That's just showing-off Wu :LOL:

True, but hey, why not... :D

(you should've seen the Indy Fab she head before - beautiful). :cool:

She's way cooler than me anyway. :LOL:

Is it safe to say that your better halves aren't very photogenic, or would their stunning beauty distract us from looking at their bikes?? ;)

Funny you should mention the wives Andrew, my thought was slightly different though – I wonder whether wives share their husbands’ obsession with things retro so much that they really *want* cantis? Or might they prefer brakes that actually work? Especially if the rider has delicate little fingers?

Anthony":1e6rh1g9 said:
I wonder whether wives share their husbands’ obsession with things retro so much that they really *want* cantis? Or might they prefer brakes that actually work? Especially if the rider has delicate little fingers?

Well, prior to selling the bike, I offered my wife a Rain Forest Klein Adroit as her retro ride but she declined. The reason was that she preferred to ride her Specialized Epic Marathon and didn't want to ride an old and worse bike. So modern suspension technology and disc brakes won hands-down. That said, she really like the vintage Kleins especially in linear fade colours (she still says that I made a mistake when I sold my '92 Horizon Attitude).

epic1.jpg

here's my misses (bike)! not bad if i say so myself for a relative cheap build with a fleabay frame and bits from my spare parts bin

Attachments

• rm.JPG
    rm.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 2,181
The wife's bike. Rock Lobster with 1" Mag 21's and bits from the spares box. Mentioned before but the reason the frame is 'normal' size is that she is six feet tall.

Attachments

• Lobster#1.jpg
    Lobster#1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2,168
That's truly sweet! [Aside from the world-record stem stackers and the riser bars, of course]

yup, is a bit funny but I think the angle makes it look worse, is prob only ~3" above the saddle as she had a bad back at the time and wanted something a bit more upright

Back