2000 Orange AirO

Disc landed and I got a cheap set of decals off ebay. Not the right decals, but they'll do until I get it repainted in spring 2012.

b2e1fbfe.jpg

Jay ran 180mm forks on it, and these are 150mm. Think originally it had 100mm triple clamp Manitou's on it. Be right! Might swop for some 120mm somethings at some point. No hurry.

Hopefully will have the AirO up at Whinlatter tomorrow and give it a bit of stick. Really looking forward to it :)

Been looking at Pike's and Revelation forks for it to drop the front end a little, but will see how it handles with the Bombers on first before opening the wallet. Also want a 50/60mm stem for it to shorten things up a bit. Should have some folding 2.4" Mountain tyres waiting for me at the sorting office too :D

First ride out complete :)

26113599.jpg

Forks are a bit long and made switchback corners on the climbs a tad tricky, so looking in to Pikes/Revelations now. Rest of the bike seems great though :)

'Won' some Rock Shox Recon 335 forks last night on eBay. U-turn adjustable between 95 and 140mm and they have a 20mm maxle. Should help me drop the front end a bit whilst also dropping a few lbs in weight. The Z1's are on eBay with quite a few watchers so hopefully the fork swop shouldn't end up costing me much at all :)

Certainly different to my Stumpjumper! Your weights a bit further back on this, meaning it's easy to pop the front end up. Good fun on the downhills! Frame seems quite stiff too, which was good on the twisty stuff :)

Back