Falcon Laser Fixie New Stickers

titch__16

Retro Guru
Newest addition to my collection is this Falcon Laser.
FLFrame.jpg

I was given it yesterday by the scrap man :LOL: and plan to convert it singlespeed with a flip-flop wheel. When I got it, it had all parts except Wheels, Tires etc. Stem is ITM, Weinmann Type500 brakes and gears are Sachs-Huret, rear mech is ECO, not too sure and front or shifters, one shifter is missing. It is Reynolds 453 tubing. Crank was a Double, 52-42T but I've drilled the inner ring off, ready for single.
FLCrank.jpg

I've fitted a set of Shimano 105 SPD-SL pedals courtesy of Little Jim.

I don't know of the age of the frame but if anyone could tell me anything would be good :)

Now this is fitted with a fixed sprocket, 53-13T and is working well. Just needs new paint and decals and BB and will be done. May buy a new crank, but haven't decided yet.

I'm planning on doing the frame white with red lugs, white stem and outer cable, and red bar tape.

Will update with pictures tomorrow.

titch__16":3ayv9cfs said:
Now this is fitted with a fixed sprocket, 53-13T and is working well

:LOL: could be a little challenging around town, hope there`s no hills about :cool:

I've decided to leave the paint as it is until after the winter months. I've ordered bar tape and outer cable, so they should be here soon.

Current specs are;
Frame: Reynolds 453
Fork: Tange
Headset: Tange Seiki
Stem: Kalloy (thanks to foz)
Bars: Dawes (thanks to foz)
Pedals: PD 1056
Brake: Weinmann 500 side pull
Rims: Rigida superchromix
Hubs: Unknown
Spokes: Stainless

Nice conversion. Well done for trying fixed. It certainly is addictive.

Just a word of warning though, tighten that chain because if your chainline is even a smidgen out you may jump the sprocket.

:)

Yes it certainly is addictive :LOL:
Thanks for the warning, I forgot that I wasn't going to do paint and bought it all today. So stripped it and it's ready to get sprayed in the morning.

Still need new stickers though and struggling finding someone tomake them.

Other than that it's basically finished and so far has only cost me around £50 so I'm really happy with it.

Now resprayed and rebuilt. Quite proud of the outcome too :D
Already a bit dirty :roll:

Laserpaint.jpg

Laserrebuilt2.jpg

Laserrebuilt1.jpg

Just bar tape to go now and all finished

Back