My fathers Ernie Clements SuperPro bought back from the dead

cheers guys :).. deffo glad i went back to the original saddle :)!

today!...

today i may have sinned!

i live i a fairly hilly area and the short ratio 600 freewheel that was on there was just to.. well short! lol.

anyways i happened across a wider ratio 600 freewheel :)... same model and 6 speed as the original but with 13-30 teeth :).. also NOS in the box!!

anyways it arrived today so on it went!!

all set up and indexeing like a dream!

DSCN2359.jpg

DSCN2358.jpg

that was this months budget blown!!.

i have the chance to get a nice clean dura-ace stem.. now i know they are all the same aside from whats stamped on the front.. do i get it or hold out for a 600??.. would i be making do?

craig

update (yes again! lol)

600ex stem/headset and new saddle added :)

DSCN2455.jpg

DSCN2450.jpg

new bar tape on order (AGAIN!) had to reuse when changing stems and although it looks ok in the pictures.. it aint!.. one side wraped top to bottom and tother is bottom to top lol and is a tad lumpy in places..

things to do

source a 600ex bb to finish the group set off

thats it :).. it'll be finshed then! :). i currently use 'ernie' daily (aslong as its dry) and loving every min of it

good old autosol and elbow grease :D .. was the only way i could get the scratches out.. will mean a buff up every few months mind.. but wont be hard work :).. certainly does dazzle now :D

She scrubbed up lovely! Beautiful job .... Shimano 600 was my favourite group set when I did some TT many years ago.

Latest posts

Back