Sintesi Hale-Bopp - 1997

On the hanger, they are always listed by make, and Sintesi is never listed. I don't want to buy 5 different ones that look like they may fit from a 2D internet picture.

BG":3tre8bwt said:
'97 may have been the first year the model appeared, but it's been there more than once or twice since - not easy to find information about the brand, but I've seen pictures on the internet in a couple of different colour combinations and graphics styles. Ask and Old-Man Google will provide some answers.

I asked google several times, but have not been able to find out that much info. I wanted to know what travel of fork the frame was designed for and I'm still not sure but think 85mm.

It maybe later than 1997, but I couldn't find that much info about on the net.

I've e-mailed Sintesi Denmark and Belgium as Sintesi Italy never replied to my e-mail a few weeks ago. Hopefully get sorted soon :)

If you limit your google search to images, a red and gold one comes up that looks to have the same graphics/decals (and disk tab) to yours so it may be the same year model, but an alternative colour?

I don't think the hale-bopp is a particulary high-spec model with plain guage tubing and many out there with deore level gear or lower.

who knows.. good luck contacting Sintessi - maybe an italian member of this site can help?

Kev Duckworth":z4pi9hh3 said:
Sintesi Italy have responded with big fat NO to the mech hanger, but have told me about a UK dealer.

http://www.sequalretrobikes.co.uk/

Who couldn't be arsed to reply, neither could the Dutch or Danish Dealers...

However massive thanks to CYCLE SUPERSTORE of Bolton, who have found me a suitable hanger and posting it out to me.

Should have this bike back up and running and tested before the Whinlatter Enduro on the 20th :)

I also have some lightweight FSA 40mm riser bars (280g) , and FSA stem to take the fatter bars that should sort out my riding position, as it was a bit odd. I was finding the Orange bars too narrow @ 580mm as well as not high enough. The stem and bars have been borrowed off a mate, and although I would have preferred a 130mm stem like is currently on it I think it will be much better than before. But will I put the bar ends on the riser bars.......?

So Orange hot road bars and matching 1" ahead stem for sale :twisted:

Got that sorted, and new bars/stem position seems better.

Testing tonight at Gisburn Forest, and with luck racing it at Whinlatter on Sunday.

Weighed it too, I know the forks are heavy but was hoping it would be lighter than 28lbs that it weighed on our accurate postage scales at work :(

Hi Kev,
Did you do the End2End at the weekend?
I've just got back from there - but I kept seeing a blue Sintesi Hale-Bopp over the weekend.
Are you tall? Skinny? Sat on the prom from time to time with your bike?

I was riding a silver Orange MrXC - full suss predecessor of the 5

Hi,

Yeah that was me, not that tall 5'9" and not as skinny as I needed to be for that course - lol, really quite unfit, and still sore!

I think I saw the MrXC and did have a wander with the bike on the Prom on Sat.

Attachments

• e2e-1.JPG
    e2e-1.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 1,107
Bit wet out on the trails wasn't it!
Good fun though - it was my first time but I might go back next year to see what kinda time I can get in the dry.

Was my first time on the Isle, seemed a nice place would like to get back with time to look around at the Scenery.

Wet, yes, but at least it wasn't falling from the sky!

What time did you manage, I've struggled with fitness since I was ill for a month in May/June but managed a Finish & a Bronze time.

Back