Next Ride out?

It looks like there is little interest from MacRetro for a border ride on the 1st October, so I'm thinking of using the day to scout out some potential routes for next years National or Three Tribes. Anyone fancy a day oot?

Si

I wish to apologise for my lots lack of interest. Cant understand it myself because if someone suggests a 2 day epic into the bum end of nowhere in the howling wastes that Scotland has in abundance then they're tripping over themselves. I dont understand why 20 miles of Northern England loveliness with a teashop/pub at half way is of no interest. I'm envious of you lot ;)

Never mind Velo. You are still welcome any time. I will let you know what the plan is for the 1st. If you want to grab an early train I'll pick you up.

Si

MacRetro are planning a night ride on the evening before our Repack Anniversary Fat Tire Klunk. Looking like Glentress at the moment. Anyone up for a road trip??

Si

Dr S":3owbmw5a said:
Any photos from saturday's ride??

Yes but I'm having probs hosting the pics :? must be all the Scottish clouds my camera was in :LOL:

Picture093.jpg

Ps no where near the top.......

A quick glance at my diary shows saturday 19th november to be free. Anyone up for a ride?

Si

Dr S":1dwacpt7 said:
A quick glance at my diary shows saturday 19th november to be free. Anyone up for a ride?

Si

You got anything in mind Si ?

I'm not 100% about riding that weekend as I maybe :roll: busy.

I've had an idea for a route for next year I'd like to try out. Its around 25 miles. Bits we have done before but I'd like to try them out in a different direction and see if we can link various sections together. It could make a potential National Round- good road links, plenty of parking, cafe at 1/3rd distance and pub at 2/3 distance. Should handle the numbers too as its mainly on quiet parts of the moors. The scenery is stunning and it has plenty of historical points of interest. The only negative is a lack of technical singletrack hence my desire to go and have a scout around and see whats available.

Back