Raleigh DHO 2000, my new build project, nearly finished....

Are you sure there isnt supposed to be a plstic wahser in there somewhere?
All my full sus frame have a plastic washer of sorts at nearly every pivot

I think yellow or red would look good or maybe match the grey or the white (lots of grey parts would look soo good i reckon, the white looks out of place currently)

HI cyfa2809, cheers for that. when the kind folk at raleigh sent me a bearing kit, it did indeed include two plastic washers/bushes but I couldnt for the life of me figure out how or were they went. Hmmmm, I think I'll have to strip her down and start again.
Cheers bud.

Hi all.

Today I finally got around to fiddling with the bike and after a few fun and games she's nearly done. All I need is a set of pedals (still no idea what I'll have yet), the stear tube chopping down, some gold headset spacers and a new set of bushes for the shock, so hopefully it shalln't take to long.
After a quick whiz around the block I am more than happy with how the suspension works and its a true joy to ride. Ideally a smaller set of forks would aid or help as the front end does feel a tad 'splayed' out but then again having rode her on the flat and not downhill its hard to say.

Anyways here are a few pics, let me know what you think, positive or negative.

(and fear not, I had a chain stay protecter on to help keep the paint nice when I rode her).

Safe trails.

p4pb7075968.jpg

p4pb7075978.jpg

p4pb7075971.jpg

p4pb7075981.jpg

Smart. Still not a fan of the white cranks and i reckon the forks will be too much though.
:cool:

Cheers cyfa2809, yeah I suppose the forks may be a tad much but considering they didn't cost me a thing its all I have at the mo'. And yup, ideally it would have been all original stock such as grey xtr cranks, mrp device, etc but considering how skint I am, am happy to have got her wheels let alone anything else.

All I need is to find my mint sauce jersey and am set for a day in the hills (well nearly).

Safe trails

You got those forks for nothing?!!!

Sell them on for something more suitable? How much travel do thy have? (what price would you be after of you do sell them too? Pending travel)
Theyre 180mm arent they?

Funny actually i was going to suggest grey forks but thought against it for some reason :?

Hi cyfa2809, I was able to get the forks on insurance after some scum empted my shed of its contents, as to selling them, I had thought of that. No idea what they are worth, they are 2011 stock and have now done a grand total of 0.5 miles so are in mint condition (I still havent even cut the stear tube down). If you care to make me a offer then feel free. Your right about the travel to, 180mm of butter smooth bounce!
Theres a set of super t's on ebay am tempted by but due to lack of funds they shallnt be mine.

Anyways cheers,

Safe trails

Ah well if thats the case they are too much travel and too much value for my mate. They domains? should get at the very least £250

Bloody thieves :evil:

Latest posts

Back