2002 Santa Cruz Super 8

While the wife's away...

...frame can hang drying in the living room :)

IMG_0706.jpg

Got some Black decals to go on the frame, which should go nicely with the Black rear swingarm. Swingarm should be ready to collect from powdercoaters sometime this week. Then the frame can be put back together.

Your living room looks a lot like my kitchen...

Not sticking the RS, Specialized, Fox forks on it then? ;)

Nick C":5rxp2v3q said:
Your living room looks a lot like my kitchen...

Well, door frame between kitchen and living room. More of it's hanging over the living room, haha.

Think I've sorted some Rock Shox Domain's for forks. Think single-crown forks would make it a bit lighter and easier to transport etc. The FSX's might look out of place Nick ;)

Looks ok for around £7.50 in materials (and quite a few hours work):

4bb911d7.jpg

Just hope the powdercoated comes up trumps this week with the swingarm!

Love these frames.
And you thread is good , how the hell did you get such a nice paint finish with rattle cans?
Any advice on painting , as when i have done this in the past , it never seems to dry and you can put your finger nail in it.

Cant wait to see it fully built.

Jay

I've painted a few frames now and seem to get a little better each time. If the prep is good then the paint generally sorts itself. Thin layers help to prevent runs. Also helps if the weather is warm. I spray the frames hanging from a tree in my back garden, I kid you not. Hammerite is good paint, but can react to other layers of paint. Plasticote is my current favourite.

I was told by a pro sprayer recently not to try and cover with the first coat. Just to get a layer on it is

That's it. Get a dust layer on first and then start building it up after that. I'll leave around 20 mins between coats.

Latest posts

Back