Me

That's a very concentrated look on your face Tony....mind you, no lid, rigid forks and skinny tyres does tend to focus the mind......... ;)

How about we have a whip-round and buy Tintin a crash hat for Christmas. :idea:

When I was a teenager, I got the pi*s taken out of me for wearing a helmet - now my kids take the pi*s out of kids at school for NOT wearing a helmet. They even wear their lids riding in our back garden!

My Dad runs a Cub Scout pack and takes them on rides to Thetford Forest. But he has a policy, No Helmet - No Ride!

So yea, put me down for a £5 ;)

(((stepping down from my soap box)))

jango":1dycu1sx said:
That's a very concentrated look on your face Tony....mind you, no lid, rigid forks and skinny tyres does tend to focus the mind......... ;)

How about we have a whip-round and buy Tintin a crash hat for Christmas. :idea:

jango your all heart. :D A helmet is on the way. So they say. I will need one as i plan to go racing next year. No helmet no race. :D

Yes i noticed in pictures i do have a 'concentrated' look :roll: :LOL: Oh i have a 1.9 on the back now.

I used to be employed by big UK organisation whose staffs ride 33000 odd red bikes across the country. My job was looking at health & Safety aspects of rider’s welfare and the maintenance schedules of bikes. I've had to compile reports where head injuries were sustained by riders who were not wearing helmets, some of the photos are a little disturbing. The main thing I picked up on is it is not so much the rider who suffers as they are either no longer about to worry about the fact they were wearing a helmet or not, or they are a of a vegetable that are unaware of their plight. The main people who suffer are the people who have to deal with a major incident which would have been a minor one if a helmet had been worn and immediate family. Basically, it is a bit selfish not to wear one on a group ride as it is the people who are riding with you who will be obliged to pick up the pieces.
Sorry to sound a little 'on my high horse' but barring having a full on fight with a HGV a helmet will reduce your injuries to ones you can remember and live to feel.

Crikey Tony! I don't know what I'm more shocked by, your lack of hair or you agreeing to hear a lid! About bl**dy time. Certainly saved my life, remember Ash Vale (1992?)

Pic of your old Trimble coming up shortly BTW......

DirtyDan

dirtydan":3785ffa3 said:
Crikey Tony! I don't know what I'm more shocked by, your lack of hair or you agreeing to hear a lid! About bl**dy time. Certainly saved my life, remember Ash Vale (1992?)

Pic of your old Trimble coming up shortly BTW......

DirtyDan

:shock: :shock: Young Dan :D who said i was going to ware 'skid lid'' :?

The hair loss is two divorces :LOL:

Back