silver chainstay protectors

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
does anyone know where to find them? Are they even still made? I mean just the plain silver/chrome finish, stick on, chainstay protectors that almost all bikes had about 20 years ago...

Neoprene and carbon effect just don't fit on a retro build!

Thanks, but I've already seen those - I'm looking for a plain chrome one with no writing on it. Someone must have a stash of them somewhere!

Since posting I read somewhere that chrome/alu effect sticky-back plastic might work... I'll be using clear plastic to cover the whole stay first, but want a chrome or silver protector on top of that for the finishing touch.

Chainstay Protection.

Motorycle accessory shops used to sell a clear plastic film for protecting the tank etc.

You can buy in A4 sheets for about £5...it's thin enough to be almost undetectable and thick enough to protect your paint.

I've used it for years.

You mention the shiny thin (self adhesive) stainless steel ones; I have used these too and have about 3 or 4 in my stock - when you find a good product buy a few...that's my motto.

Roadking.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Looks ok, personally I prefer the clear product as it preserves the integrity of the finish - I'd rather see colour than silver.

Roadking.

I've just ordered a sheet of the chrome. It's only a couple of quid, so I'll give it a go and see what it's like. Will report back when I get it!

Andy,

I looked for one for a long time before i got one on ebay - it was a one-off and the glue had degraded but will suit my purposes. For my wife's mixte i went the DIY route - using the chrome sheet from ebay - oddly i have no pics of doing it but i did a little measuring and then carefully cut out a shape which i thought fitted. It worked well enough although there is a very small crease on the BB end - not sure if the pics show it.

Richard

Latest posts

Back