Marin Indian Fire Trail 1994

First things first:

Inigo,
what a beautiful project, a pity that the ift had to go.

Now, hello! I am a new member to that forum here and I cam across it after googling "Indian Fire Trail 1994".

Why did I google it?

I'm pondering to sell mine as it doesn't really fit me (actually it never really did). It's an original 1994 20" (or 20.5") with almost all the parts it was equipped with back in the days. Except for the Seat (I'd equip it with the original seat of my 1994 Pine Mountain, but it would have purple seat tubes instead of the blue ones), additionally the wheels are not OEM.
When I bought the IFT two spokes of the rear wheel were broken and it was euqipped with some ridiculous front wheel. I took the front wheel of my Pine Mountain (so again purple nipples instead of the blue ones) and some wheel with Mavic Rims and 1994 XT Hub for the rear.

Please bear with me as I have just decided to sell the IFT and haven't put a lot of work in taking nice pictures or even refurbishing the IFT.

Cheers
Thomas

Attachments

• 003_xxs.jpg
    003_xxs.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 2,737
  • 004_xxs.jpg
    004_xxs.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 2,737
  • 005_xxs.jpg
    005_xxs.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 2,736
Inigo Montoya":2nwq5ng6 said:
finally finished. weather is too bad to make outdoor pics. sorry.
marin-ift-1994-10.jpg

marin-ift-1994-9.jpg

marin-ift-1994-11.jpg

marin-ift-1994-12.jpg

Final Specs:

Frame Marin Indian Fire Trail 1994 17,5"
Fork Marin Rockstar Fork (CroMo), original
Headset Ritchey Logic, 1 1/8, NOS
Stem Marin Lite 135mm length, some rise, original
Handlebar Marin Lite, NOS
Grips Grab-On MTN-2, NOS
Brakes Shimano BR-M737
Cantilever cable hangers Paul Moon Units, NOS
Brake Levers Shimano ST-M737
Shifters Shimano ST-M737
Front Derailleur Shimano FD-M737
Rear Derailleur Shimano RD-M737
Cassette Shimano CS-M737-8
Chain Shimano HG90, NOS
Cranks Shimano FC-M737
Chainrings Sun Ringle 42-34-22
Bottom Bracket Shimano BB-UN54, 107mm
Pedals Shimano PD-M735
Quick Releases Control Tech
Rims Mavic X517 black 32h, NOS
Spokes DT-Swiss Competition
Hubs Shimano FH-M737 rear and front, NOS
Tyres Panaracer Smoke II and Dart II
Saddle Selle Italia Flite from 1994
Seatpost Marin Lite silver, 31,4mm, original

Hi, ich weiss ein ziemlich alter Eintrag, aber was hat das gute stück in der Ausführung gewogen? Habe grad den gleichen rahmen erstanden (warte nich auf den Eingang) und bisher finde ich keine Gewichtsangaben, ausser die im 94er Katalog.
Nette Grüße

fideldidel":1ncjx1c2 said:
Hi, ich weiss ein ziemlich alter Eintrag, aber was hat das gute stück in der Ausführung gewogen? Habe grad den gleichen rahmen erstanden (warte nich auf den Eingang) und bisher finde ich keine Gewichtsangaben, ausser die im 94er Katalog.
Nette Grüße
ich habe das bike nie gewogen. koennte dir nicht mal einen schaetzwert nennen.

freefall79":38go4syx said:
First things first:

Inigo,
what a beautiful project, a pity that the ift had to go.

Now, hello! I am a new member to that forum here and I cam across it after googling "Indian Fire Trail 1994".

Why did I google it?

I'm pondering to sell mine as it doesn't really fit me (actually it never really did). It's an original 1994 20" (or 20.5") with almost all the parts it was equipped with back in the days. Except for the Seat (I'd equip it with the original seat of my 1994 Pine Mountain, but it would have purple seat tubes instead of the blue ones), additionally the wheels are not OEM.
When I bought the IFT two spokes of the rear wheel were broken and it was euqipped with some ridiculous front wheel. I took the front wheel of my Pine Mountain (so again purple nipples instead of the blue ones) and some wheel with Mavic Rims and 1994 XT Hub for the rear.

Please bear with me as I have just decided to sell the IFT and haven't put a lot of work in taking nice pictures or even refurbishing the IFT.

Cheers
Thomas

oooh.....this looks nice. The grab on's and the Stix are also not original but it looks good on this bike. :)

Re:

mkaavin":2e097ubl said:
oooh.....this looks nice. The grab on's and the Stix are also not original but it looks good on this bike. :)

Thanks,
In the end I didn't want to part with it, so it still sits in the stable. I will post an update shortly, though not much has changed yet (despite it's clean).

Cheers

Back