dave lloyd 653

humanbean

Dirt Disciple
thought i'd share my dave lloyd 653 has a bit of new stuff as i ride it alot and it fits me perfect now, not sure about the wheels, could do with some help there. What would look and suit it the bestest?.
IMG_0001.jpg

Nice!

Congratulations on a great looking bike!

I used to have a Dave Lloyd with Dedaccai tubing - I ran campy hubs with some classic silver Ambrosio rims which gave a real understated feel - maybe this could work...

I reckon you get away with the modern looking wheels due to your funky paint job though... :D

Great looking frame and I agree that the modern wheels look OK with it. That front end needs some major sorting though. The 'bars need rotating upwards quite a lot and the brake levers then moving down to compensate. That would put them in a much better position relative to the bend in the 'bars. It also might mean you could move the stem down.

I'm guessing the frame's too small for you really when all's said and done. Lloydy always had a very low position on the bike so that style of frame suited him down to the ground. Us mere mortals find it a bit tougher though!

'Tis a nice looking bike no doubt about it.

Mark.

thanks guys and cheers mark i'll try that, i suffer from shortish legs and a longish body and tend to struggle with setting up the cockpit. This one is definateley a keeper. Any ideas what year it maybe?

Dan

You gotta do that baby justice.... such a nice bike

Only needs a little tweaking....
change the stem and bars

Now see how it ought to be

Attachments

• oo.jpg
    oo.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 1,006
Back