What bar tape

Well that exactly it, the look is all about personal preference. Everyone likes something different. Me? I just liked having a honey brooks pro saddle with matching bar tape.

However, the functionality is something completely different. Fizik is not so good! Just a pitty the brooks stuff is 50 quid!

Which brings me back to my original question of what bar tape gives a decent level of comfort without paying silly money? Maybe a bit taboo but is double wrapping the bars beneficial at all ?

cobby1970":2987c19u said:
Which brings me back to my original question of what bar tape gives a decent level of comfort without paying silly money? Maybe a bit taboo but is double wrapping the bars beneficial at all ?

Quite doable with the cloth tape as its not to thick.

fiks":3ozs4i0q said:
I don't agree with brown/honey/whatever you call it colour tape.

Bar tape has to be white! OK a plain colour is acceptable if that's your thing. But who the hell came up with that hideous splash tape?

My favourite is white cotton, when it's used for a bit and goes slightly grey it has that worn in look, also feels excellent under your hands. Benotto looks smooth and slick, lasts forever but is a bit slippery when wet, but then it doesn't need drying out.

White and black, the white doe grubby up a bit, but does look striking.

P9020197.jpg

Back