Newbie road rider

hondakid

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone, i've just joined and thought i would introduce myself. My name is Lee and i have just being given by my soon to be father-in-law an eighties Dawes Stratos. It has Reynolds 531 and Shimano 600 groupset, i am looking into having it resprayed and purchasing new wheels and possibly new groupset. Any hints and tips are more than welcome as this is my first roadbike in twenty years! [/img]

Attachments

• Dawes small1.jpg
    Dawes small1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 847
Thanks for the welcome. It does need a bit titivation as the spokes are corroded and the frame decals are worn and peeling. I would love some Reynolds 531 decals if i can find them too.

Attachments

• dawes small2.jpg
    dawes small2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 802
  • dawes small3.jpg
    dawes small3.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 802
Is the saddle height set for you? If it is check to see how much seatpost is in the frame - if it's the standard post it may not be in enough and could cause damage to the top of the seat tube.

Otherwise I'd leave it as it is :)

Hi. Yes the seat height is set up for me, i took it to my local bike shop and bought a longer seat post. I was told the rear wheel needs some attention so i will replace both with a new set from Shimano, probably R500's? There is a local sprayer who can do a nice paint job for me and i've ordered some Reynolds 531 decals. I can't leave anything alone!! :LOL:

Back