Coolwall April 2011 - Cannondale

Collwall April 2011 - Cannondale

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
sinnerman":2hr34awy said:

Im pretty sure , if my memory serves me right (as a cannondale dealer for nearly a decade.) any of there headshox equipped bikes (since its introduction in what was it, late 91/92..?) could have another companies forks fitted to them.....!!!! and they even offered the head cups in various sizes depending on what fork, the customer wanted to use.
but hey what do i know, im just an oldman...lol.

in an effort to stop this thread turning into a complete shambles, lets agree to disagree, :D . I shall leave you to your blissful ignorance. ;)

Marzocchi Cannondale HeadShock Reducers
Summary | Full Review | Reader Reviews | Gallery | Discussion
Pair of adaptor cups to reduce head tube size on Cannondale Headshok frames to take standard 1.1/8" fork Steerer

Read more: http://www.roadcyclinguk.com/reviews/co ... z1J9VfCL00
if the above link is how you prove your previous claims(in both this and the other posts in this thread), we are going to have to agree to disagree

:oops:

Alas, not cool.

Back in the day they USED to be the staid, conservative twin to Klein's outrageous paint and such. I always thought of them as similar to Bridgestone--solid, dependable (except for the cracking thing), and kind of "trad'.

Then they went and got all silly-looking and moto-crossy. So, as soon as full suspension rolled into town, they went from classy to uncool in my eyes. Sorry guys, but they're just kinda ugly IMHO. The matchy matchy colors, odd graphic design, and the CODA stuff was warm icing on the uncool cake.

That all said, I would totally ride a Lefty-equipped bike one day. I actually kinda dig that....

Cool. Owned 3 'Dales. Not in the same league as a Klein, but pretty nice.
Currently it is my FS ride:

Attachments

• IMG_2874 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2874 - Copy.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 692
yo-Nate-y":1zyuir2y said:
The matchy matchy colors, odd graphic design, and the CODA stuff was warm icing on the uncool cake.

While I don't quite agree with all of your post, CODA stuff was pretty cheesy. "Warm icing on the uncool cake." Excellent!

Oh look, a Cannondale Santa Cruz superlight-a-like with a telescopic fork too.

It's only taken them 15 years to catch up!!

al. ;)

Sorry Al but dont embarrass yourself with comments like that.
Santacruz was founded in 94 so its very likely that one of SantaCruz founders inspiration were 1993 Super Vs with basically same type of suspension.. ;)

hollister":2dy2483k said:
sinnerman":2dy2483k said:

Im pretty sure , if my memory serves me right (as a cannondale dealer for nearly a decade.) any of there headshox equipped bikes (since its introduction in what was it, late 91/92..?) could have another companies forks fitted to them.....!!!! and they even offered the head cups in various sizes depending on what fork, the customer wanted to use.
but hey what do i know, im just an oldman...lol.

in an effort to stop this thread turning into a complete shambles, lets agree to disagree, :D . I shall leave you to your blissful ignorance. ;)

Marzocchi Cannondale HeadShock Reducers
Summary | Full Review | Reader Reviews | Gallery | Discussion
Pair of adaptor cups to reduce head tube size on Cannondale Headshok frames to take standard 1.1/8" fork Steerer

Read more: http://www.roadcyclinguk.com/reviews/co ... z1J9VfCL00
if the above link is how you prove your previous claims(in both this and the other posts in this thread), we are going to have to agree to disagree

:oops:

...lol. no mate , the link was found to show those with headshoks, they could change to telescopic forks if they had the headset cups required...... :roll:

CAPIN":33o0ojtl said:
Sorry Al but dont embarrass yourself with comments like that.
Santacruz was founded in 94 so its very likely that one of SantaCruz founders inspiration were 1993 Super Vs with basically same type of suspension.. ;)

Oh! the shame. :oops:

Yes it was Cannondale that invented the single pivot frame design wasn't it?

The thing that has and will always confuse me about 'fashion' is people that swallow the concept of these companies. If as you say they were doing it back in 93 (which I knew, as a may be a bit of a dick but I know my subject), why on earth put the rest of us threw building more and more complicated and strange looking tat?

Why not as S.C have done stay with the best design and do it well,very well. You have to remember you are talking to a man that wears a watch from 1955, training shoes designed in the 50's, glasses and Buddy Holly would have binned and has a hair cut from 1983!! ;)

Just to clarify my stance on bicycles as not to confuse people.

Mountain bike frames are either, hand made double triangle design round tubed steel or Quality Alloy single pivot design frames.

Fact!

al. ;)

Re: cannondale,,,,

sinnerman":ioe3er5g said:
not that this makes them cool....., but still makes interesting reading.... :LOL:

Cannondale has won numerous design awards including the "Publisher's Award for Innovation" from Bicycling Magazine,[citation needed] "Technological Development of the Year Award" from VeloNews magazine,[citation needed] ""Best Of What's New" award from Popular Science,[citation needed] "Best New Products of the Year Award" from Business Week,[citation needed] "Design Recognition Award" from ID magazine,[citation needed] "Computer-Aided Design Award" from Design News magazine,[citation needed] and a "Design and Engineering Award" from Popular Mechanics.[citation needed]

Cannondale mountain bikes have captured 11 World Championships,[citation needed] 17 World Cup Series overall titles,[citation needed] 16 National Championships,[citation needed] and two Olympic medals[citation needed] as well as overall victory in the Cape Epic stage race.[citation needed] The company's road racing bikes have won 11 stages at the Tour de France,[citation needed] 27 stages at the Giro d'Italia,[citation needed] two Giro d'Italia overall victories,[citation needed] a Professional World Championship title,[citation needed] and two Italian National Championships.[citation needed] Cannondale sponsors the Siemens mobile/Cannondale and Saeco/Cannondale road racing teams, and selected regional amateur teams.[citation needed]

More cannondale facts, for anyone has the time or inclination to read it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannondale ... orporation

I'm not only changing my mind on the cool vote but I'm also going to change my football team to Man United cos they win everything.
They are realy cool. :cool:

This being cool is great! :D

al. :D

Re: cannondale,,,,

I'm not only changing my mind on the cool vote but I'm also going to change my football team to Man United cos they win everything.
They are realy cool. :cool:

This being cool is great! :D

al. :D[/quote]

not that this makes them cool....., but still makes interesting reading....

......Doh......???

your not a cannondale fan then al........lol.....lol....lol....lol :LOL: :roll:

Back