98 Spesh FSR Ground Control - project build

yes there is actually!

- since finishing my other Spesh, i can now focus on this one! i've got all my LX components now, just waiting for delivery of wheels from Keitht (some Speedmasters with LX hubs).
i have a sticky rear mech (i disassembled it for a service and its now a bit stiff!! oops!! may need some hammer time.
also got a front mech issue. i got an XT bottom swing top pull that reaches far enough round the seat tube so not to pull the cable at a funny angle, but i have chain clearance issues - the chain seems super slack as well (probably due to the stiff rear mech not keeping it tight enough), so im in 2 minds whether to stick with the LX top swing/top pull funny angle or persevere with the XT mech....either that or go single ring up front...

i have also noticed that the bottom bracket may be too wide, as the chain never seems straight enough (in low gear and on granny ring).

apart from that, i'm just tweaking my HS33s and sort of on the prowl for a pair of forks with brake bosses, as the manitous i have are disc only and i hate the mix-match of disc and rim brakes :(

i've a spare pair of judy XLC triple clamps, but i fear the steerer would be too short.

guessing the frame is an 18.5"

Back