April 2011 BoTM - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoldenEraMTB":jqh2g96o said:
Hmmm, still would think the seat post should run down below the seat tube to avoid damage to the frame and give it strength, but I guess that would be impossible in this case. I'm no engineer, but some things should not be built ;) :LOL:
It's definitely different. :)

I think its fair to say you are quite correct in stating you are no engineer ;)

It should be lighter and stronger than a standard setup and for a race bike they make a lot of sense in many ways. Hence its no surprise that you'll find this feature on many new race frames :cool:

andrewl":xa71szus said:
GoldenEraMTB":xa71szus said:
Hmmm, still would think the seat post should run down below the seat tube to avoid damage to the frame and give it strength, but I guess that would be impossible in this case. I'm no engineer, but some things should not be built ;) :LOL:

Note: that should be read as a light hearted jovial comment!!

i have a half built "thing" that i must try to complete and enter. need to regain my last place finishing spot. bit miffed that i got a vote last month! off to the shed! i will be back!

Here it goes. 1993 21" Attitude prototype. It is a re-spray from the Klein factory. I bought it from one of the factory painters.

Attachments

• IMG_2852smz.jpg
    IMG_2852smz.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 930
  • IMG_2850sm.jpg
    IMG_2850sm.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 930
that Xizang is amazing! Not a very original build, but a very original build! (if you know what I mean... :LOL: )

mikee":7rcgyq9t said:
well i'm gonna throw this in
apparently one of the worst riding bikes ever
a fact i'd dispute , its not as bad as its supposed to be , even less so since
i re-made the pivot parts and tightened up the clearances
91 cannondale se1000

mibee , but they are very cool, this kinda stuff drew me to Cannondale. This was type of bike that made me want to get into mountain biking. :D

andrewl":hzlnrdyt said:
GoldenEraMTB":hzlnrdyt said:

It should be lighter and stronger than a standard setup and for a race bike they make a lot of sense in many ways. Hence its no surprise that you'll find this feature on many new race frames :cool:

It's cool. So this is the future of mountain biking? Glad I live in the past.

halaburt":gwqel27y said:
web.jpg

web.jpg

That Steelhead is pretty tidy - I saw on the build thread that there was a batch for tall guys so out of interest, how long is the top tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back