The Cut Gate Killer / Three Tribes 23rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.
The route: Am I right in thinking it is round Langsett Res, up Mickledon Edge and Cut Gate Path, down to Howden res. through the woods to Ladybower res and up the track near Grindle Clough along to Cutthroat Bridge, down to the pub, then along the shore and back up over Cut gate and Mickledon Edge?

cutt gate

^^^the man is correct^^^

young mark( pictured on top of page 1) did this on ss and was the group leader by a good few yards!

depends on the individual though. i treat each ride as a 'trot round the park' where some like to get stuck in. single-speed is evidently do-able but, its what takes your fancy on the day i suppose. the ride at some point or another requires a get-off-and-push anyway so, single-speeders will blend in nicely.
;)

im getting a couple of bikes soon, retro ones i may add, and one will be single speed......i love the simplicity, but was wondering if it would be too much of a challange.......i aint been on a singlespeed bike since last summer so would need some practice.....and i dont know if i will have the time.

ok, ok....im leaning towards this ride now........and also a geared bike i have coming my way. nice and light to get me up those hills.

I'll be attending this one, my wife grew up in stocksbridge and her family still live there. The mad thing will be that the sister in law will be coming up to Preston the same time I'll be heading down.

Looking forward to this, as I missed it last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back