Claud Butler 'Pagan' Age Unknown

gerryattrick":3ei2ze1q said:
legrandefromage":3ei2ze1q said:
dont let pete_mcc see it though

He won't, it's not one for the connoisseur. :roll: ;)

A good solid buy for the money IMO, and better than most sub £200 new bikes after a bit of TLC.

I really like it, especially at that price.

...But I'm definately not a connoisseur ;) .

Konaglider":23fawwg5 said:
Hi Chris,

What a great find! As said, a bit of tidying and you've a decent bike to attack the Quantocks with.

Thanks mate, I'm in trouble, now I've got my Dad addicted to old mountain bikes, I gave him a splatter paint fire mountain last year and now this. :roll:

I've got an old breezer to do the quantocks, have you been up recently?

Re: Cool!

hydorah":3a4cqs74 said:
Nice score!

I'm liking the shell suit colour scheme!

Pink 'n' purple

You have a lugged Reynolds 501 frame, cool

You have a nice 300LX groupset - looks like Biopace too?

Helluva deal, just looks like it needs a general tidy up

There's no real comaprison to modern kit in terms of quality/features things are just too different to adequately equate

As LGF says this wasn't an el cheapo

what you've got there is a very solid retro bike... Very retro!

:D Good point on the shell suit. The paint on the frame is quite nice in a sort subtle metalic way.

man that takes me back.

I had a 1991 Claud Butler, it was either at or near the bottom of the range with 300LX rear mech, resin brakes, grey with pink cables. class.

does anyone remember what that model was called? Better still does anyone have a catalogue? I used to spend hours pouring over it, wishing i could afford a cape wrath with its Deore DX!

it got nicked out of my dad's garage in the end. must have been the pink bar ends i fitted to go with the cables. :cool:

just wondering if anyone knew how much one of these bikes are to sell, I have one sitting in the shed on its lonesome poor thing not been out in about 10 years, same as this with the funky purple colours and pink bits, thanks for any help

Back