Super Tuff

I see what you mean ;) i will have a look and see if i have any ;)

you can try peeling of the gold but it might not all come off in places - and i hope you have the time to sit there doing that job :LOL:

thank you, very much appreciated.

looking at the state of my bank account, the only thing i do have is time for this bike :LOL:

hopefully get some better pics this evening as i should be home a little earlier

Thanks again B

so...some proper pics before i took it to peices this afternoon..

frontshot.jpg

sideshot.jpg

lookingforward.jpg

SuperTuff.jpg

madeinengland.jpg

kuwaharalaserbar.jpg

dirtybottom.jpg

i will tomorrow mate.

I've got the top here with me now, but the bottom wouldn't let go and is still on the bike as the headset is pretty firmly stuck on..

what are you after exactly?

i'm about 30 miles away which is about 55mins

it's the bottom of the bars i need to see

the stem bottom is rusted in from the years of being in the same place

1 or 2 things you can do

you need a block of wood - like a 2x4 long piece - or a rubber/plastic hammer

but first you need to get some wd40 (or like wise) and spray both ends - for this you need to spray around the stem end just where it goes into the frame and also spray into the bottom of the U bend hole in the forks while they are up side down

next take out and unscrew the long bolt on the stem - then gentley hit the stem on the side from left to right - don't for get to use some thing that will not mark the metal stem or frame - then turn the bike up side down and hit the stem down away from the frame and hit it a bit left to right once in a while - this shoud loosen the stem and you can tap it out - once out you need to get the wedgit out - for this you need the forks up side down and screw in the long bolt from the bottom - once in a bit hit the bolt with the wood/rbber/plastic hammer and it should move - tap away untill it comes out

if this doesn't work let me know

cheers B ;)

Back