eroica 2011

andy162":xg8dtken said:
Hi Fella's

I entered the event last week. I'm hoping to get in but when is this confirmed? I paid via paypal (€35 option?) so the monies have gone. I don't want to commit to booking flights & a hotel until I've been given the nod by the organisers.

I'm really looking forward to doing the event as I have a 1985 Panasonic Raleigh to do it on. It's a Ilkeston 753 with Campag SR on it. It's a great thing to ride & to do an event like this on it would be fantastic.

I looking to fly from Leeds/Bradford on the Thursday before, returning on the Tuesday...it should be a great way to cap a season off!

Cheers,

Andy.

How much is the Leeds-Bradford flight option? Something I've fancied doing for ages.

Leeds/Bradford to Pisa was £91. The bike will be extra of course, still seemed cheap enough. Carrier is Ryanair.

andy162":1k2aswcf said:
Leeds/Bradford to Pisa was £91. The bike will be extra of course, still seemed cheap enough. Carrier is Ryanair.

Thanks Andy, something to bear in mind - for the present anyway!

L'Eroica.

Old Ned":1mkxzpt3 said:
andy162":1mkxzpt3 said:

Thanks Andy, something to bear in mind - for the present anyway!

Guys.

You could drive this, I rode a motorcycle to Athens (via the east coast of Italy to Brindisi) for the Olympics - I have a big confortable Volvo that'll take 4 people and at least 4 bikes...I'm out for this year, but 2012 could be an option - only if it doesn't clash wth track events in London

Or am I being stupid?

Roadking.

eroica

one of our party has had an automatic refund from paypal , which i think means he booked too late , shame,although as the roads aren't closed could he not just cycle it anyway, and keep his hands off the chese and wine?
to be honest if he's not in i don't think he'll come, should get some of the flight money back

eroica

this is most strange, the list of participants has been posted on the eroica web site and my friend that had the refund is on , and yet 2 friends , one of which i know booked and paid the same afternoon the list opened is not on there, anybody know what to do now?

the first and surnames are pretty mixed up on the list, and maybe grouped into distance entered, you did do a search for the names ?
i couldnt find mine at 1st

eroica

apparently they had a problem with the paypal system in the first week, 2 of our party did not get on the list , but booked in the first 2 days, i think they have been asked to re apply , hopefully they'll get on the list. Everybody's already booked flights and looking forward to it

eroica

one of them has been reinstated and is back on the list,still waiting for one more to get back on.
Ciooc build is coming on, just debating about casste size and whether we should all do the 135km and soak up the ambience

Latest posts

Back