Reanodising frames

reanodising

Thanks for that cherry... ;)

Looks like my winter nights are planned out then :shock:

Thanks for all your help and advice,,, :cool:

If you reanodize a frame enough times you will damage it. One of the people I used to ride with had a Coella and his father owned an anodizing/plating company. He used to get it reanodized a different colour about once a year! Final colour was a rainbow effect! Only problem was that it then snapped the head tube off. As the anodizing eats into the metal it will take a thin layer of aluminium off each time you prepare it. In this case it had thinned the metal too far, although I don't know how many times it had been anodized - would guess at at least 5 or 6 and it was used for jumping.

HTH
Ed

reanodising

Thanks for that dude ;) I had heard this from another source, it will be the 'second' time its been anodised from new so hopefully fingers crossed it should be alright, just need to get it all prep'ed first then go from there..

Thanks.. :)

Si

To be honest, the frame that broke probably did so 'cause it was aluminium and it had been jumped a lot. Aluminium has a short fatigue life and goes brittle over time.

Anodising is thin, it's measured in microns, you'd have to anodise a frame to death every week before you did it any real damage! :shock:

Back