The GT STS Thread Members Bikes and Tech Info

It took 'bout 6 months to build. Some parts were a bear to find. Now, all I have left is a lil fine tuning. BTW...got some great ideas from these posts...thnx.

Attachments

• IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 2,966
  • IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 2,966
Just a couple more pics. I'm still shopping for better components. The bike will get another face lift before soon. :p

Attachments

• 1 (11).JPG
    1 (11).JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 2,925
  • 1 (10).JPG
    1 (10).JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 2,925
  • 1 (14).JPG
    1 (14).JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 2,925
  • 1 (13).JPG
    1 (13).JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 2,924
Finished my GT STS2...

photo2-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

The finishing touches...DECALS

Here are some pics of my new decals for my 97 GT STS DH. I couldn't find the original decals for my MTB, so I designed my own (from the original version). It took several hours on the Photoshop program to produce these. I feel I could have done a better job, but I was too impatient. Plus...the Photoshop program was not user friendly...to me at least.

The decals were printed on a white vinyl sheet. They are basically "bumper sticker" quality (weather proof).

Attachments

• new1 (2).JPG
    new1 (2).JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 2,734
  • new1 (3).JPG
    new1 (3).JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,735
new comer

Hi guys, just wanted to say hello really.
I've just bought a 98 sts from e-bay, most seems in good nick but there's a few bits i wana sort out.
just fitted giant mph3 disk on the front and waitin for the addapter to match the rear.
idolised the whole range as a youngster, saw this one and couldn't resist. my missus is calling it a quarter-life crissis!
lookin forwars to ridin it and becoming part of the community.

Are there any things i should be looking out for or any issues i need to be aware of?

anyway off for a little bounce,
cheers guys.
Chris

Re: new comer

Hi Flynnie!

flynnie":2hsx9knv said:
Are there any things i should be looking out for or any issues i need to be aware of?

You should keep an eye out for little (or big!) cracks in the frame around the aluminium parts. They could spell big trouble.
STS´s are apparently prone to breaking in those areas, although I haven't had any problems in the 11 years I've had mine.

The bike has brake jack and does pedal-bob a little on granny gear, but those aren't such a big a deal, the bike is sweet overall. I've always thought it climbs especially well. Just set the rear shock to your liking and off you go! Have fun!

I've a question of my own, too: I've put off changing derailer wires for quite some time, but I'll have to do it soon. Someone said earlier in the thread they'd lost the wire into the frame and took some time to get it out again...how does one change the wires the right way?

Re: new comer

Cheers for the shout smoothie. i was hawking around tinternet the other day and came across a vid on youtube where a gt techie changes cables, he threads a teflon sleeve over the cable to push it thru then pulls the sleeve out.
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tnniDO11iI&feature=related" bout 3m 58secs in.
Hope this helps dude.

Latest posts

Back