Hope hub reducers

hesdownagain

Old School Hero
hi. i will ask this question again because it got a little confused last time, (my fault).. I need to find reducers for a hope hub.. NOT PRO11.. it's running at 20mm but need to run 15mm maxle. PRO11 reducers will NOT work. I have looked on CRC but they only list PRO11. I think hub maybe a xc but i can't be sure as their are no markings other than the Hope logo. I know it's not a BigUn. tanks.

If it's an older hub then you won't ever get a 15mm for it. They were never done, for rears you might find a 12mm bolt thru and for a front it's a 20mm

Standard is a 9 or 10mm, remember you can't apply modern standards to old hubs....

hi boxxer. yep i think you are correct. i have spent most of the day trying to source something. it seems to be a bulb hub which means you can get a QR or 20mm they don't do a 15mm adaptor. so it seems i will have to get a Pro11 hub and change it. Bummer ..

Could you not have one made up? Get an engineering company to copy the external profile of the 20mm and have them drill out a 15mm interior, taking into account the shorter ends to allow your 15mm axle to sit in the forks. A straight hollow tube should be enough - 20mm exterior 15mm interior. Hope use 2014 T6 (HE15) but 6061 T6 wouls do too.

I may be interested in the bulb hub depending on colour and which version bulb it is.

TheKen..... i had not thought of going that way. It would be interesting to find the cost out . i have no idea if finding one willing to do the job would be so easy.. thanks for the suggestion.. Jerky.. it's a black 32 hole it's got either a QR or 20mm

hesdownagain":3gnbux8i said:
TheKen..... i had not thought of going that way. It would be interesting to find the cost out . i have no idea if finding one willing to do the job would be so easy.. thanks for the suggestion.. Jerky.. it's a black 32 hole it's got either a QR or 20mm

Yup, good so far, but is it the old splined disc adaptor or 6 bolt?

Latest posts

Back