A rare find? UK made...Zinn Z-Centaur 92

Campag

Did Campag around 93 share and mix some of their parts?

Confusing stuff :? I have the 92 off road catalogue and it shows Record OR using the Icarus levers, seat post & brake levers :?:

If you wanted standard size rings did you have to get the Icarus Chainset?

Think out of all the parts there is only the brake levers i would swap for the much prettier alloy bladed record OR's..

Now does anyone have any to donate to the project :?: :LOL:

No worries!

Been into the man cave and found my Mountain Bike Monthly stash....sorry it's a bit blurry!

img005.jpg

img006.jpg

img007.jpg

img008.jpg

It pays to be a hoarder sometimes ;)

Cheers
Stu

The grouppos did share stuff between them, I dont think Campag wanted to go balls out and make a new version of everything for each grouppo.

Interesting Hope mechanical disc braked version in that article, wonder how many of those they made?

Thats the nicest bike I've seen turn up on here for a long time :shock:
Cracking find...but please dont tell me that you picked it up from Bournemouth :LOL:

TeamMBUK on Zinn

Correction!...it was Sally Hibberd (as mentioned in a post above) who rode to the National Champs for Team MBUK in I think 1992...for some reason maybe the Zinn connection, Hibberd wsa also often referenced in Mint Sauce cartoons.

Remember seeing the Zinn range in display at Cylex 92 and being amazed Reyonds 731 (the top end road Reynolds tubset of the time) fabulous fillet brazing, and full Campag Groupos...

never understood the need for all those cable rollers tho!

The roller is obviously a more efficient, lower friction way of routing cable under tension, plus the UK specific TT cable routing didnt work so well with the predominantly BP front mech standard.

Also its a bit of a gimmick.

Re: Campag

slimjoe":8fcsvvgd said:
Did Campag around 93 share and mix some of their parts?

Confusing stuff :? I have the 92 off road catalogue and it shows Record OR using the Icarus levers, seat post & brake levers :?:

If you wanted standard size rings did you have to get the Icarus Chainset?

Think out of all the parts there is only the brake levers i would swap for the much prettier alloy bladed record OR's..

Yes. Lots and lots of sharing! The thumbies were originally Icarus and were used from Record OR down, the lovely Grafton-stylee canti's were developed for Record OR then used throughout the range from 1993. The only seatpost available was Icarus. So pretty incestuous really...

The Record OR chainset was compact only, although there was originally an Icarus compact in 1992, that was dropped when Record OR took off.

Back