UK recession...

BoyBurning":2q26cvbp said:
Russell":2q26cvbp said:
Are you aware of the money that has been invested in education over the last decade?

Don't expect instant results from something that had been so heavily un-invested in but things are changing education-wise.

Finland didn't get 100% literacy rates over-night...

:roll:

It takes more than money to sort out some problems. Finland may have taken a while to get where they are today but aswell as heavy financial investment, they also took some really ballsy steps to radically change the very core of the education system itself. If a UK Govt tried to introduce a Finnish style system, teachers over here would be up in arms and parents would be moaning like hell aswell!

The first politician that stands up and has the balls to say that the state of the education system in this country is a direct result of poor teacher training, apathy and neglect of parental duty will be getting my vote.

Working in a school , I am amazed at the money thrown at us . it is just unbelievable .
more or less everything you want you get .

Slightly off topic but, sticks comment on the tankers is another thing that really gets on my tits..
Government trying to look 'green' and ecological by coming out with some utter bollox about carbon footprints and CO2 production. We need CO2. Theres lots of it. Humans generate cock all % wise of all world production.
AND THEN all the green people blame cars for global warming! Utter cack.

When you have tankers that use thousands of times the amount of fuel than cars at much less efficiency than cars, this is just one example that if someone really gave a shit about the environment they would look to improve efficiency. Not just tax cars to the hilt for easy money and appear to be looking after the environment. There are too many people in the world whio believe the bull :evil: :evil:

gump":2loc7x09 said:
Slightly off topic

Doesn't matter, I'm rather enjoying the meander of intelligent comments on this thread. Wonder where we're going next? :)

Oh, and I agree. The government doesn't really want us to cut down on our use of cars etc, it would lose too much tax revenue. What they do is raise taxes to a level that they can just about get away with without lots of people abandoning their vehicles and hey presto, massive increase in tax revenue and they've taken a stance against global warming without actually reducing emmissions at all. Brilliant.

Brilliant

Honestly, I'd love to give them the credit for being brilliant but I don't think I can. I think they genuinely believe that increasing taxes on cars will save the planet, or more likely, convince enough people that it will.

Great thread!

Well they are the people that we put in power. As the saying goes 'the public gets what the public wants' weather you vote or didn't either way help the people in power.
The global warming is bull. The stone age man didn't have all what we have and they had an ice age. The planet is constantly changing no matter what we do.
When i look out my window at the youth that go past. F**k em. I'll be long gone before the world ends. The next generation is welcome to it.
It's people that make problems & conflict. Not cars, not money, not who's god is greater but people. So lets stop finding blame in any thing round us and accept it our own making. Life's what you make it.

you are so passive in this country .

In france we would have had his head by now . general strike , protests etc...

Brown knows this which is why he backed out of an election. Coward.

Did you see him shaking when he was being taunted by Cameron? The man is weak.

Back