Stillborn Full Suspension Designs

Rumble

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
While having a dig around Norco's website I came across a page about the evolution of their full suspension designs, including this mental-looking 1993 Norco Vipor

498_general.jpg

I think it looks great in a "that'll never work" type way, so let's see your favorite eccentric early full-sus deisgn cull-de-sacs...

I loved the wild ideas of the early/mid 90's that were never going to work.

I would expect to see that pivot ripped off the frame pretty quick on the Norco. Although back then the swingarm would have had tiny pivot bearings, so maybe they would have failed first.

Baulz":2xda8xpi said:
I loved the wild ideas of the early/mid 90's that were never going to work.

I would expect to see that pivot ripped off the frame pretty quick on the Norco. Although back then the swingarm would have had tiny pivot bearings, so maybe they would have failed first.

I know what you mean - so many modern bikes look the same and there's so little that's genuinely revolutionary that it's nice to look back at people that gave it a go, even if their designs were doomed before they even left the page!

orange71":17px1k0h said:
made it into production...somehow :shock:

DV1000.JPG

these are pretty good if you tighten up the tolerances on the pivot
bearings

orange71":1es5hoth said:
made it into production...somehow :shock:

DV1000.JPG

It looks like some kid has been given an airfix kit of a bike but couldn't be bothered following the instructions on how to build it.

I like it - at least it's not going to get confused with a Kona or a Spesh! (no offence Kona/Spesh owners ;) )

Back