Laptop probs

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Has anyone heard of AntiVir2010?

It seems to have installed itself on our laptop and it pops up threat detected all the time and I cannot find it in programs to remove it?

go to 'run' if its XP and type: 'msconfig'

go to 'startup' and deselect everything that has a tick

restart computer.

call me in the morning...

its spyware i believe, ive had it a few times, i just reformatted as i dont trust many software programs around (i cant afford to buy them) and thats how i get rid of it, very irritating one that one! :evil: sometimes it changes your background too and limits your access

cyfa2809":135nvzi6 said:
its spyware i believe, ive had it a few times, i just reformatted as i dont trust many software programs around (i cant afford to buy them) and thats how i get rid of it, very irritating one that one! :evil: sometimes it changes your background too and limits your access

Why not just run Ubuntu or any other Linux distro? It's a free OS and there are no viruses to worry about :cool: Must be irritating reformatting all the time.

chrisv40":135nvzi6 said:
Has anyone heard of AntiVir2010?

It seems to have installed itself on our laptop and it pops up threat detected all the time and I cannot find it in programs to remove it?

I take it you have gogled it there are thousands of references to it, try and find one that shows where the files are installed and running so you can manually remove them, some of these so called "removers" "cleaners" are viruses themselves!

Easy_Rider":1oafpo4v said:
cyfa2809":1oafpo4v said:

Why not just run Ubuntu or any other Linux distro? It' a free OS and there are no viruses to worry about :cool:

i have looked into it (got confused) but i know how xp works so i just stick to that

Confused now, I use Spybot on my Pc and its good, but this is Vista and when I download Spybot I cant find it again to install it?

chrisv40":1stuvwcr said:
Just downloaded that and as usual with Vista I cant find it to install it?

:LOL: Vista, hate it with a passion. Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox? If its the latter you should be able to click on "Tools" and then "Downloads" to see a list of downloaded files and just click on the one you want. I'm sure Internet Explorer has a similar feature but it's been so long since i've used it i don't know where it is.

Oh, and if you are using Internet Explorer then download Firefox instead (it's an alternative web browser), it will cut out 90% of the spyware and viruses http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

Back