Paying rent makes me sad :(

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Every month I brave logging onto my bank account & seeing how much money I have spent on stuff I really shouldnt of. I would be quite happy hiding from it, however I need to make my rent payments which require me to log on.

But its not the various paypal outgoings that cause me the most distress, at least I have things to show for those payments, and things that I could potentially get some money back on at a later date if I needed to. My rent is easly my largest outgoing I have just shelled out £812 for a months use of a double bedroom in a shared 3 bed appartment in north London, with a kitchen so small that there is no room for a freezer or microwave, yet in the landlords wisdom has a fitted dishwasher.

When I think that most mortgage repayments on similar properties any where else in the country (and even in London) are cheaper than my monthly rent it makes me feel a little sick inside. Money thrown away, no chance of ever getting anything back for my expense...so many awesome bikes not purchased due to having to make the monthly toll.

Bah I hate rent.

At least one other of my larger monthly outgoings is going to be vastly reduced soon, the much fabled oxfordshire man cave that is my storage unit is going to have its contents shipped up to Leeds by the end of the month. In Leeds it is possible to get a unit twice the size as the one I currently occupy for 3/4 the price. I am also doing it as a 3 way split between myself, my father and my sisters boyfriend, such shinanigans will mean a saving of £150 per month! which can then go into those happy little paypal purchases :)

where I live for £812 you could rent a 3 bedroom house , and it would only take you an hour to ride to the City everyday .

Ouch .

I moved here from south Devon due to costs , me and a mate were paying something like £800 a month each for a maisonette in the center of Paignton , sure I could see the sea but I had no parking .

This is what your money gets around here

http://www.belvoirlettings.com/Grantham/75476

Walking through town not too long ago with the mrs and she mentioned that a few years ago ( while prices were still high ) terraced property in the center of town was a staggering £30,000 :shock: stupid cow should have bought a couple .

Both of our jobs should go permanent soon so maybe we will start looking for a place .

perry":1ullwogn said:
:LOL:

yeah there's also a Belvoir castle .

Yeah, I like the Vale of Belvoir too - used to conjure up pleasent images as I drove through when I lived in Nottingham.

I can't get my head round that? £812 a month!!!! To put things into perspective that is over half my monthly income :shock:
I was going to say move to Wales, but the more people that do what I did the higher the house prices get locally, and we don't want that, I might want to move ;)

£812...? I'm happy if I can clear that in a month the way my freelancing has been going for too long now.
Hard work with a mortgage to pay... :cry:

Back