Homeopathy

mattbrown

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
What a load of rubbish, reading a great book called "Bad Science", its scary what people are suckered into.

homeapathy - is that when you can't be bothered to go to a doctor? :D

homoeopathy - I agree. Like any superstitions, too..

Do a search on youtube for the "homoepathic" ED video :)

Odd how it does appear useless, yet certain essences are very toxic for pregnant women...................

Andy

... on the plus side, placebos work :? (it also removes excess weight from your wallet) :roll: .

I was treated for ME homeopathically and it was the only thing that worked, the theory behind it is completely arse about face but for some reason, it works. I can't see conventional doctors and scientists turning round and saying it works anytime soon, because it shouldn't according to conventional science, hence why it is consistently rubbished by these people. It's also praised and used successfully by millions of others around the world, me included! I would certainly recommend it to someone if convential medicine failed, as I would other things like reflexology and acupressure, that have worked for friends and family when convential remedies have failed.

In all honesty (being in a healthcare profession) a lot of conventional medicine works altho docs have no idea why (SSRI anti-depressants for instance)

It's all smoke and mirrors. use what works for you :)

Andy

I'm generally a sceptic kind of guy and the theory behind it sounds like a load of bollocks to me but if it works for you then great! If I had some illness which conventional healthcare couldn't treat, I know I'd be looking for alternatives.
My mom even resorted to acupuncture (again something that just shouldn't work) She was in an accident over a year ago where her spine got compressed, which still causes headaches and limits the movement of her neck and shoulders. Doctors and physiotherapist just couldn't do anything so she tried acupuncture. Immediately after the session she could move the way she did before the accident with no pain at all! The lady who performed the acupuncture told her she would probably feel a bit depressed and emotional in the evening because of energy flows and whatnot. Which my mom didn't believe at first. But then in the evening she cried for about an hour and felt really sorry for herself for no apparent reason, and then the sad feelings disappeared again.
That's like witchcraft. If I wasn't told this by someone I trust and whose judgement I respect I would never even consider acupuncture, but now I'm not so sure.

Back