Ebay problem buyer

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My friend has sold something on Ebay but the buyer has complained about the condition it is in. Apparently the buyer now has the part and his Paypal payment has been withdrawn from my friends account meaning that he no longer has the part or the money!

The buyer has said that he will pay by some other means (pleading Paypal error) but I think it is unlikely that he will. My friend has agreed to accept other payment or have the part returned.

What advice can anyone offer regarding this matter? Just say he never gets his money or the part back, it seems rather unfair!

Has the buyer launched a paypal dispute? I think he must have done for paypal to do that to the money. If he has, he won't have the money back so its unlikely he'll pay by another means. The good thing is that if it is a dispute paypal won't give him the money until they have proof that the item has been returned so he will either get his paypal money back or his goods back

Lewis is right, keep everything - including emails - within Ebay so that everything is on the record.

Why would this guy want to pay by a method other than Paypal? Very odd.
What were the conditions of sale? If he selected the "no returns" option then the buyer cannot ask for a refund unless the item is substantially different than described.

If it was me I would tell the buyer to send the item back and then I would give him a refund; if the item is heavy I would expect him to pay return postage but for a small item I'd pay. Next step would be to put the idiot buyer on my blocked list.

Back