LED lights

suburbanreuben

Old School Grand Master
Can anyone recommend a small, light yet powerful LED light with bar/helmet mount, and useable as a torch?
It will supplement my trusty Vistalites, or be handy out on early morning runs.
Ta.

Tesco LED torches :D

They're brilliant. Take 2 AA batteries, 8 squid each. I have 4 of them for night riding (to be hinest two is enough), used them at Mayhem as well. The LEDs are made by Cree and power is 110 lumens or so.

i believe in fixies":fx4mqhp3 said:
Tesco LED torches :D

They're brilliant. Take 2 AA batteries, 8 squid each. I have 4 of them for night riding (to be hinest two is enough), used them at Mayhem as well. The LEDs are made by Cree and power is 110 lumens or so.
What time do they close? :D
How do you mount them? Between your teeth?

My local Tesco is 24 hour ;)

As for mounting them I use 2 hose clips one round the torch, one through it and round the bars. Bit of old inner tube round the bars to stop the scratching. Let me know if you want a pic. I leave the Tesco logos prominent at the top, no one's going to bother to try to nick them.

i've been searching for these tesco torches every time i visit. been to 5 different stores all big 24 hr hypermarket size ones and still havent found them. :evil:

Ahem

(keep this quiet, I like posh gear usually...

{got any pics of the beam pattern, this sounds intriguing... [worth exploring...}])

prof farnsworth":1skcqtvh said:
i've been searching for these tesco torches every time i visit. been to 5 different stores all big 24 hr hypermarket size ones and still havent found them. :evil:

:LOL: ditto!

People have been banging on about these Tesco torches for ages but i can never find them :?

I bought a Tesco torch for work after reading about them on retrobike, well bright and great quality.
On my commuter bike I've got a Blt Fantom x3 available from Chainreation for £11, works ace on and of the bike.
(batteries last ages in flashing mode)

Back