Help guys and gals

rojo

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Right as some you will know i am building my first ever bike build, i am getting the frame back today but i still haven't got all the parts to build the bike yet. Some said to me it work out cheaper for me to buy another bike and use bits of it. Where best to buy a bargin bike to use in this way??

The moon, sometimes middle earth has some good deals going. But usually its ebay or any other outlet for bikes. There is no good place to find a fantastic bike as and when you want it. Its about finding them as and when you can. Otherwise we would all be scooting around on £25 titanium steads.

Decide what it is you are after, do some googling to find out about the parts and make up your mind if it is what you want. Then keep your eyes open.

To build a bike is to make personal desicions on what you want and why you want it. Be that because its what you always wanted as a kid but couldnt afford at the time, or be that you want it to be super lightweight, last for ever and cost you nothing. You need to make the choice.

That said if you want a full M570/M580 groupset let me know ;)

I see what your saying i just want it to be a good bike and not cost me the earth to set it up. I may sell the bike i have now to fund build as bike i have now is bit to small for me. I would take parts off that frame but seems a shame to take apart as it is a nice bike how it is. I had a friend of a friend that had a bike that had good parts on his bike, but frame was damaged so he throw hes bike away and got a new bike ebay. I didn't know about this at time as i could of done a swap for my bike for his. As i don't need the frame just parts.

I have got all xt stuff at the moment , still need handlebar, v brakes, seat post, seat, cassette, crankset/chain. Plus others probably..

Stuff i have is frame, forks, front/rear mech, shifter/levers, wheels(with dodgy rim that i will have to sort).

Funds i don't have much at mo, so may well have to sell/swap my bike now to get the rest of parts.

Back