lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
on the laptop last night and alol was well. last thing that happened was that interenet woulodnt respond so i shut the internet down but left computer turned on. this morning the screen is black. has my dog preseed a secret combination of keys and launched a nuclear warhead somewhere?

lewis1641":1jfb1rlh said:
Has my dog preseed a secret combination of keys and launched a nuclear warhead somewhere?
Probably ;)

Has it got power, but just no display? If that's the case, there's normally a key combination to press to make your lappy output to the external monitor port, which obviously only works if there's an external monitor connected.

Check your function keys across the top of the keyboard - there's normally one with a picture of a TV/Monitor/Projector or the like, normally about halfway across: F5-F7 sort of range. You should also probably have a function/funct key somewhere, probably bottom-left or bottom-right of the keyboard, in a different colour to the rest of your keys? If you press these two together, then it should cycle through the possible outputs. Hopefully that will sort you out?

Battery charged?

If it is, unplug it from mains, pop battery out and back in. The see if it springs to life.

will try battery when i get in along with function keys. last time the dog took a stroll on the laptop ha disabled the mouse.

as for the hibernation, it is often left switched on and usually pings back into life within 5 seconds or so.

Latest posts

Back