Buzzing feet

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm just using a turbo trainer at the moment but this problem started while I was cycling outdoors. I used to use clipless pedals and cycling shoes but after about 7 miles my feet got a buzzing feeling like I was lacking blood flow to my feet yet my laces, they are old cycling shoes :) ,were looseish, now I'm using trainers with flat pedals, as my son was using my bike and prefers flats to SPDs , yet again after about 10-15 mins my feet are buzzing again.

Has anyone had this and know why and how to cure it?

Alison

Not sure, sounds like a trapped nerve maybe!? Have you tried using a different saddle?

Certainly the saddle is a common factor between both examples :) and it isn't the most comfortable saddle, it's a Selle Italia women's specific saddle which I thought would be comfortable. Maybe my butt is just too big for the saddle :D

Alison

If you carry on, does it turn into pins and needles.

That's what happens when i get "buzzy feet"

Mines caused by a fucked spine though, so no fix. Other than moving around a lot.

Re:

This sounds like a problem you can also get in your hands...a slight tingly feeling or partial numbness caused by vibration.

J.

Re: Re:

roadking":2o45nlvt said:
This sounds like a problem you can also get in your hands...a slight tingly feeling or partial numbness caused by vibration.

J.

I do get numb hands while on the turbo trainer, obviously not due to vibrations as there is none on a turbo trainer :) but probably due to having a lot of my weight, and there is a lot of it :oops: pressing on my hands as I cycle.

Alison

BTW does anyone (women cyclists?) know of a good saddle which might help?

Alison

Alison":eke2i1s7 said:
I do get numb hands while on the turbo trainer, obviously not due to vibrations as there is none on a turbo trainer :)
The only time there are no vibrations on a turbo is when it's not moving.

Even the £1000 one i have vibrates (but no where near as much as the £300 one my wife uses, which is an order of magnitude better than the first one i bought, at £100. That i destroyed in less than a year......)

mattr":1pjqjjwz said:
Alison":1pjqjjwz said:
I do get numb hands while on the turbo trainer, obviously not due to vibrations as there is none on a turbo trainer :)
The only time there are no vibrations on a turbo is when it's not moving.

Even the £1000 one i have vibrates (but no where near as much as the £300 one my wife uses, which is an order of magnitude better than the first one i bought, at £100. That i destroyed in less than a year......)

Aye, but most of the vibration is at the back, going through my bottom, not much at the front :) Mine is a couple of hundred one, I hope mine doesn't get destroyed in a year, I'm not the lightest of riders, I got it so I could loose weight and not have the embarrassment of showing my flabby body in public :oops:

Alison

Re:

All trainers vibrate, you may not notice it. Best way to lose weight is just get out on the bike and ride choose a route with some mild climbs (might be difficult to begin with) and some flats where you can do some intervals - used to call it fartlek in the old days - no kidding !!!

Good luck.

Jon.

Back