Please help me decide

chally3

Devout Dirtbag
All,

I know this a retro site, But I am about to buy a new bike & am quite stuck. I've settled on a Kona as its a bike I've never owned one. I have between 1100-1400 to spend & am going to buy a 2006 model.

I would like FS & somethign thats pretty good as an all round bike, for jumping,cross country, up & down hills...

I know that cover about everything, just wondered if anyone had any recommendations..thanks

just read a review of the new Hei Hei and it is very good . not much suspension at the back ( 65mm ) .

I'll probably get abuse for this but what about the Mongoose Teocali, I've heard good things about it this year.

Giant Anthem shouldn't be ignored.
Commencal look good to me too.
Kona would be my 1st choice due to past loyalties but you should give them a good demo ride before you decide. Any decent shop will let you set them up, even take your own saddle, and give them a blast before parting with the cash.

The drool-worthy Ellsworth Epiphany frame would be my choice.
(Bit dear though!)

Russell":29gzzhmi said:
I'll probably get abuse for this but what about the Mongoose Teocali, I've heard good things about it this year.

Mate, you're not wrong, that's the bike of choice over here at the moment.. Had a blast on one a few weeks ago, awesome susp. action that still keeps you upright enough to tackle the hills..

A mate just bought one off Ebay AU for $1500 [about GBP600] and he has no cmplaints.. Juicy 7s, Fox, XT..

I think Mongoose are owned by GT now?

I'd go with either the Mongoose or the Trek Fuel myself. Test rode the pair a while back and the Trek nosed ahead but only by a bit.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back