Once Ridden scam?

Hertsdigger

Dirt Disciple
Has anyone had any issues selling a bike via the just Ridden website? Iv been talking with someone who says they want my bike, thing is when iv advertised it on forums like this people ask alot of questions about the bike... This lady on once Ridden hasn't asked a single question about the bike and only wants to pay via pay pal... Arranging her own courier to collect from my home... Iv heard about people being scamed out of the bike and they then request the money back from PayPal leaving the seller with no bike or money? Am I just being paranoid or should I be wary of this website

Re:

I'd be very wary, she can easily claim she hasn't recieved the goods and get a refund via PayPal. Only way I'd deal with that is if she pays by gift/friends and family.
The other option is for you to arrange the courier so that you have proof it was sent with signed delivery.

I had somebody try the same kind of thing on here, they joined just to ask about the bike I had for sale on the forum.
I could tell something wasn't right, again didn't ask any questions, just said they would buy it via paypal and send somebody to collect it.

are the away from normal channels of living aka oceanographer or something and are not able to get to the real world to pick it up?

They might be. But that's the scam.

You don't know until after you've lost the bike and the cash.
And the OP certainly sounds like it's at the scam end of the spectrum.

Re:

Might not even be a lady, but some spiv trying to lul you into false sense of security. Trust your instincts, you already know it doesn't feel right.

Back