Discovery channels being dropped by Sky.

Great :roll: just before the classics start, perfect timing!. Hopefully they'll sort out their differences because for me, no cycling=no point in paying for sky TV.

Did someone once mention on here that you can buy a freeview only card for your skybox, or did I just dream that?.

Matt

I agree this is bad. I rang up to get a better deal after my contract expired. Negotiated a discount I was happy with. A couple of weeks later got a letter stating my price was going up, negative g almost all the saving. Now to lose channels I actually watch is the last straw. I'll be looking to cancel my contract as I'm paying a lot for very few channels I actually watch now these are due to go. Sky TV is so expensive for what it is, there are so many channels but very few programmes worth watching.

Matt70":uzonv3dm said:
Great :roll: just before the classics start, perfect timing!. Hopefully they'll sort out their differences because for me, no cycling=no point in paying for sky TV.

Matt

+1

Apparently there is Eurosport player that you can subscribe too. I'm going to be looking into that today

Mike

Re:

The fragmentation of TV in this country is often described as a good thing for the consumer but in reality it is anything but...

Scattering all the stuff you want to watch over several different outputs - Sky, Amazon, Netflix etc means unless you stump up for the lot you will miss out.

I've stuck with Sky for years and they've got me by the short and curlys as only they can provide F1 in HD...

If these channels go, I'll also be ditching...

The laugh is that Sky are saying they can't afford to pay what Discovery are asking (even though Discovery are not putting their price to Sky up) because of the amount they had to pay for the next deal on Premier League Football...

Matt70":29gclvbg said:

Did someone once mention on here that you can buy a freeview only card for your skybox, or did I just dream that?.

Matt

It's called freesat. Basic service. Had it for years. You buy a card for each box. One off payment.

Re:

I've stuck with Sky for years and they've got me by the short and curlys as only they can provide F1 in HD.
Same here. Interestingly one of the issues the new f1 owners need to tackle is the dwindling TV viewing. Hmm, I wonder if having to pay a sky subscription to watch it had anything to do with the decline :facepalm:

Crazy, like you said, the premier league football bill has hit Sky hard.. But the channels going are the only ones worth watching IMO. There help page is laughable, in regards to losing Discovery, just stating that sky have other great channels, like sky sports, but that means very little in the way of cycle viewing etc...

Re: Re:

ishaw":1j5dsyhe said:
I've stuck with Sky for years and they've got me by the short and curlys as only they can provide F1 in HD.
Same here. Interestingly one of the issues the new f1 owners need to tackle is the dwindling TV viewing. Hmm, I wonder if having to pay a sky subscription to watch it had anything to do with the decline :facepalm:

It's still on C4 in HD on Freeview/Freesat. Only half are live, but to be honest the others work well on the extended highlights.

Though their website is crap, confusing and has no detail.

The new people running it will hopefully sort it out a bit better.

Back