Broken hip...

Coleman

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Had a bit of an off the other day, landed badly and broke my hip :facepalm:

Luckily only a mile into the ride so managed to get back to the car and mobile reception - makes you think about riding alone though!

Despite the fracture being displaced they decided to fix it with canulated screws to avoid a full hip replacement. I've got 12 weeks non load bearing on crutches to give it the best chance of healing. :(

Anyone on here had anything similar? How much is biking effected long term?

Re:

Ouch! :shock:

Sorry to hear that, fella. It's a real eye opener when you realize how vulnerable you are, riding alone. Although most of my rides are just that.

Look after yourself mate

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2x7y2z31 said:
Ouch! :shock:

Sorry to hear that, fella. It's a real eye opener when you realize how vulnerable you are, riding alone. Although most of my rides are just that.

Look after yourself mate

Mike

Cheers Mike :)

Jesus, glad you got back safely.

We all take it for granted. Bet you let the boss know your plans/route in future.

Hope the recovery goes well Adrian. Try to have a good Christmas.

Re:

You'll be missed at HONC next year Adrian,

I'll have to suffer Retro Spud alone then. :facepalm: :LOL:

Get better soon.. easy to take health for granted, until you come a cropper... speedy recovery.. I work as a qualified nurse, the only silver lining is that a hip break/injury shouldn't keep you off the bike for to long..

Re:

Ahhhh sounds excruciating....hope it all heals up right. My dad collapsed and died out jogging at 50. I sometimes get the fear when im miles away riding solo.

Back