Flickr issues,Help please.

jm

Senior Retro Guru
Having issues trying to share pics.
Bring pic up on flickr,click on the share icon.
Screen changes,there's a quick flash and then nothing apart from a cross to close the box.
Two weeks ago all was well,put pics of tat on here no problem.
Any advise would be good,pc is two months old with Windows 10.
Thanks.jm.

Hi Jim
Windows 10 doesn't like the sharing codes for BB codes.
I know what you mean you go to sharing and can see the code for the first one in the box, you hit the BB code and it then flashes from one side of the box to the other and disappears.
When I use it and I use it for the road bike polls at the end of the month, I upload and sort everything in windows 10 then when I want the codes I go to the top right hand corner of the screen, where there is the favourites symbol and a few others, the one on the far right that is three dots . . . , click on that and then in the drop down just click on 'open page in internet explorer'
This will open the page separate from windows 10 'Edge', which is the windows 10 browser. The codes and everything works normally in internet explorer.
You can always just start from opening the page in internet explorer.
This has happened quite a bit in the roadbike section polls in that people can upload but cannot get the codes. So worth trying this to see if it works for you.

Jamie

I just hope it helps.
Someone else had a similar problem and I tried to explain what worked for me.
It took me a good few days to work it out. It ended up that I could do it on my computer at work at lunch but not on my new all singing and dancing windows 10 at home. A few flickr forum searchs showed I was not the only one.

Jamie

Back