THANK YOU ROYAL MAIL - NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RobMac

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Well done ROYAL MAIL NOT!!!!!!!!!!!
First of all I gets turned away from one post office "its to big to send you'll have to use a courier" thats two 26" wheels in a cardboard box. Drive 1/2 a mile away to another post office, the guy welcomes me with open arms. I pay my money and all is fine untill the buyer finds this :x

Re:

Those WERE a pair of early Hope hubs fitted with Mavic 231's RIMS.
Has anybody had any success on claiming for damaged goods in transit from the Royal Mail??????

Re:

They're bloody useless. My 2 local ones are the same. One is so unhelpful I won't go in ever again and the other as the total opposite.
I hope you manage to claim for the damage.

Re:

The buyers being brilliant about the whole thing as well :oops:
They were properly packed and no apparent damage to the box.

To say I'm pissed off is a understatement :evil:

Re:

Sorry to hear about your woes fella :(

I sent a bike yesterday, under the 1.5 metre limit. Staff were helpful too

Mike

Re:

Ouch. Must have put a heavy iten on top.

If sent insured you should get some money back.

Re:

Yes it was tracked and insured but I'd bet my ass I'd get peanuts for compensation or maybe the postage refunded.

I've only had to claim for lost items. The worst and most annoying was a nos super deluxe shock for an sts along with some nos judy dh carts. Annoying due to the rarity and proving their value. Takes time but in the end I have the loss refunded. Do you have pictures of the wheels in their previous, unbroken state? It could help with the claim.

I've had a few items damaged in the post in the past but never claimed for them, should have done really. I hope you get it sorted.

Re:

Are you sure that is damage caused by mistreatment or just a hope hub giving up the ghost eventually and it just got to its break point during delivery?

If the box wasn't damaged and no sign of damage or crumpling, no bent rim or spokes then it could just be bad look.

Re:

The unfortunate reality of living far from most things is that we regularly receive damaged goods. No matter how many fragile or this way up stickers are on an item, the drivers have to cover hundreds of miles on some challenging roads/tracks and you really are taking pot luck. Most recently I received a camera that was bubble wrapped well, but then they had used air bags to pad out the box. It arrived in the bottom of the box with two burst air bags.

That alone was enough for me to return it. I would never trust it, not knowing how much of a pummeling it has had over six hundred miles.

The dimensions of some bike parts make them fairly impractical for postage, and relatively costly.

I have always got my compensation though, but am fed up wasting time dealing with it.

That wheel looks like it was hammered. No way a light item like that should end up being crushed.

Back