PayPal, cider consumption, and it's associated dangers...

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
We all know of the health risk associated with alcohol consumption when combined with ebay (although that frequently seems to have a happy ending for many) but I have just discovered another one and it's a sobering occurrence....

The other evening on a 'well known retro bicycling site' I espied what I perceived to be one of my personal Unicorns (or at least is was when combined with Thatchers. Or was it Westons....) and arranged to purchase said item. Paid with PayPal there and then (now quite late at night and merry fog has descended in my head) Long story short, £2.31 in my PP account so funds are needed from my bank account, plus I then manage to put a '-' instead of a '_' between some letters, so it's all a bit of a c*ck up all round.

However...PP realise my mistake, or at least say that there is no registered account that matches that name, do I want to cancel? So yes please, I cancel the payment and it shows as such and I think that's that, then make the payment again, correctly this time, to the seller....

Only fast forward to today, and checking my bank account, the payment has gone out twice! Obviously one is the real one, and presumably the other will appear in my PayPal account at some point of their choosing in about a weeks time. But why? WHY????!!! Surely if the transaction is cancelled, the transfer of funds from a bank account should be cancelled too?

Tried contacting them by email or message but as per usual with PP/ebay, there is never an option that really covers this event. Going to sit it out and hope it's all alright, but thank...flip....it was only 50 odd quid and not hundreds, taking me into massively overdrawn....

The moral of the story? Don't buy stuff on here when under the influence! :LOL: :facepalm:

I had similar;

Bought some alloy wheels for my jalopy, paid by paypal. About £400. They weren't in stock in the colour I wanted, so was refunded (same day). two days later I decided that another colour would be okay; my paypal account was in credit by £400, so I paid again (same company).

It turned out they didn't have ANY stock (thanks, Demon Tweeks), so refunded me again. I didn't think much more of it for about a week, until I checked, and my bank account was around £400 short - checked my paypal account, and it was now in credit by £800!

I did eventually find out why this happened, and it didn't make total sense, but basically it can take over 7 days for refunds to clear, so go careful.

Re:

Just seems so stooopid to fund a transaction that's been cancelled! By transferring money from a bank account.... :facepalm:

LGF, worrying, I can almost make that out...and I agree wholeheartedly....

Re:

i can sort of relete just moved back to the uk ( no cider for miles where iwas) met a old pal started drinking old rosey lost phone n walet n the dogs gone bent n ripped the brand new yest carpet?its just unraveld?
cider isloopy juice im still fuzzy now :facepalm:

Re:

Old Rosey is not a novices tipple.... :cool:

Truth is, I wasn't THAT merry, I just went and put a - in the wrong place in the PP address. How come it takes so long to get from my bank into my PP account? Worried now. Surely the idiots can see what I did, how can they cancel the transaction and not cancel the transfer of funds?? :evil:

Re:

It was dallying with flanges that got me into this mess.... :roll:

I might copy and paste that onto a random message to PayPal. If I can find a sub topic that covers such an issue.

novice tipple!!! i'll stick to stella, as its friday n alls good if i reimburse will it make u smile and enjoy the weekend? feeling like i should do somthing for someone? i luv stella.

Back