Samsung Galaxy S3 problems

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have just received under Warranty today my replacement handset from Orange as the last one was persistently turning itself off. I had tried setting the last handset to factory settings with no luck. Since I've had this handset 9:30am it has switched itself off 5 times.

Is this a common problem with the S3 or am I just damn unlucky with phones cus my last contract phone was complete shiite too.

Alison

I am surprised they didn't upgrade you. They normally do when there is such an issue. My other half had several S3s never had a problem. Great phones. If it is a common issue I guess it will be on Google. You shouldn't accept it of course, get back on to them and raise it to a complaint.

My son googled it and it didn't say anything spacific other than loads saying thay were shite. You say they're good but she still got through several of them, that sounds terrible.

I've certainly never been offered an upgrade, had about 10 replacements of my last contract phone, still never worked, but yes I'll have to go back to them.

Alison

Re:

My gf's S3 doesnt last a day on normal battery and she hardly uses it. Also the charger and usb cable didnt seem to charge it so swapped the usb cable around with my S4 charger - seems better.

Alison":2gyxa3zd said:
You say they're good but she still got through several of them, that sounds terrible.

They were bought as a package for her and several colleagues. I merely said they had no problems, I am not a Samsung fan although I was using her old S2 very happily until she swerved the Sony Xperia Z1s for the new S5 and I inherited that. She was desperate to get back to Samsung, so much does she love them. I am very happy with the Sony.

5" in mobile screen size feels just about right, whilst rather inadequate in other arenas.

Re:

Solution from the dumb seats:
have you tried turning the mobile back-to-front or upside down from it's normal position in your pocket, pouch or bag? That's what kept turning mine off and the solution worked.

It has not been carried in anything the last week, just been either in my hands or on the table or on charge on one surface or another

Alison

had my S3 for a year, love it. No problems. Lasts days if I'm not using it, and much longer if I'm in an area with reliable signal than not. Wife has an S3 mini, and a Tab 8.1. MY old man has an S3, and his mrs a Note 2. None of us have had any problems.

Must be me, and my damn dumb luck it has worked well from August till about 3 weeks ago and has been getting worse and worse. My last contract phone was dropped having worked well for a year when they replaced it under insurance the screen would not respond to most things and for the next year they replaced it about 10 times and it never worked and I could hardly accept any calls as I'd press and press but no response I'd have to call people back, I was overjoyed to be rid of it now it's nothing but blooming problems again :facepalm:

Alison

Is the battery failing? Have you tried replacing it for a new one? My Blackberry Curve recently started switching itself off when showing over 1/2 charged and the battery was failing. One test is to remove the battery and see if it looks swollen at all it will wobble on a desk rather than set flat too. Swollen lipo batteries are dying and do all sorts of weird things.

Carl.

Back