Education system problem

Think I'll just come straight out and say what I think. You're an idiot.
You've had several people tell you you are wrong by dismissing this as just a headache, you can't just ignore it and come back with reason after reason not to take her to the doctor.
Sorry but I struggle to see the importance
It's your daughter FFS.

If either of my daughters had to take several days off school because they had recurrent headaches that last for 2/3 days, made them dizzy, I'd have them at the doctors right away. You come out with the facile excuse that she's too unwell to walk to doctors, as someone said, get a taxi, get a friend, a neighbour, somehow get her there. It's not climbing Everest FFS.
If she's too unwell to walk or go to school isn't that a clue you shouldn't just shrug it off?

Take her, not only for her health and wellbeing although that should be enough, also to prevent a visit from your friendly local EWO.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 126
The advice is firstly about your child's health but secondly about playing the game correctly.
A visit to the doctors each time may not yield anything medically at first but what it will do if things worsen (health wise) it means you have the evidence of appointments, visits and history with no need to wait to see what happens in a few days, meaning you will get more prompt action, Remember the NHS are there to serve the tax payer, you pay tax so use the service. You may also get a diagnosis that you child suffer migraines and this will be all the ammo you need to keep them off your back.
Secondly on to the game playing, evidence of doctors visits and appointments means that if they decide to involve the social services you have evidence to show you have attempted action, rather than just letting it pass. Look at it from their angle. A child off for 2/3 days at a time 3-5 times in less than 3 months with nothing more than parental evidence could look sus, if you play their game and have evidence you can slap it straight in the social workers face. They can head off to your doctors to ask why your daughter hasn't been refereed for a scan etc and leave you alone.

Carl.

Back