Ebay charges 10% fees on postage now

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I know I am a bit 'off-message' as I have just realised that since September Ebay now charges 10% fees on the postage!
Greedy bastards :evil:

Jeez...just sold something for £500 and will nett £425 after combined Ebay and PP fees...a total of 15%.
That has increased a LOT...ridiculous

Yet it is a very easy way to access a huge market. They are mopping up the profits while they can it seems. What is around the corner I wonder?

Re:

That's why it's so hard to get a bargain on ebay theses days. Maybe they'll end up being a victim of their own success. I often find it's cheaper to buy parts new from the likes of CRC than it is to buy second hand from ebay. That kind of sucks when you are try to build a hack!!!

I kind of hope they get their comeuppance, but they will most likely merge again and become even more dominant. The main thing I still find convenient about it is comparing products from a huge number of suppliers almost instantly. I sell elsewhere nowadays though, just can't be bothered with the hassle.

CRC is my first port of call in most cases, probably my Irish blood. When you figure the prices on CRC it is hard to build even a cheap bike that isn't well specced.

highlandsflyer":1ap9siiz said:
I kind of hope they get their comeuppance, but they will most likely merge again and become even more dominant. The main thing I still find convenient about it is comparing products from a huge number of suppliers almost instantly. I sell elsewhere nowadays though, just can't be bothered with the hassle.

CRC is my first port of call in most cases, probably my Irish blood. When you figure the prices on CRC it is hard to build even a cheap bike that isn't well specced.

Have to say I agree with you whole heartedly, re. comparison of products on ebay, and CRC for purchasing, with their clearance items and often discount vouchers too, CRC are hard to beat, and free postage!

I do still very occasionally sell on ebay if I have an item I think could go fairly mad (like the 1950's Campag hollow BB I had recently) as it's the best way to reach the widest audience with the rare or exotic stuff, and the prices reached (nearly £200 in this case) mean that I am happier to pay the costs involved, over taking the £30 I had originally thought it might be worth at the cycle jumble...

Was this done because of the people that would sell things for $1 then charge a crazy amount for shipping?

Back