cheeky Nissan blighters

rosstheboss

Retrobike Rider
Nissan: Your truck has failed its mot due to excessive play in the suspension, it will cost £403 to fix

Me: blimey! Is that not covered by the warranty?

Nissan: Yes it is.

Me: So I don't have to pay anything?

Nissan: No

Worth asking the question folks! That was me in a Nissan garage yesterday, they would have been perfectly happy to take my money if I hadn't asked, I wonder how many people have???

Despite having family owning the dealer, we had an initial problem getting the S Max steering sorted, despite it being a known problem. Ford hadn't issued a recall, so they were trying to fudge the issue. Had similar problems with most new cars during the warranty period. Thank goodness, for now, we are a new car free zone!

I was experiencing a popping noise under acceleration in my Jeep Commanche (4.0L I-6) years ago. Took it to a local Jeep/Chrsler dealer for a diagnosis. Verdict: cracked aluminum intake manifold. Service guy said it's a common problem, and it's covered under warranty. Told him I bought it used. He said "No problem, we'll put it under someone else's warranty, there's a service charge though". I asked him what if that person comes in with the same problem. He said "Then we'll put that one under someone else's warranty. They don't all fail. The shell game ends eventually". Told him do an oil+filter change and a few other easy/good margin things as well while it was in the shop. He smiled and said "sure, thanks", knowing that he was dealing with someone who knows how the game's played.

Latest posts

Back