Death penalty in the UK, yes or no???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I used to think the death penalty was always OTT, a life for a life should never be implimented.
But the Ian Watkins case and the Lee Rigby cases leave me unsure.
I honestly cannot see how the world is a better place with any of these offenders still in it???
Discuss :D

Yes.

And before you ask. I'd do it.

Child killers, recidivist abusers, cop killers, serial killers, all with malice aforethought obviously.

I'm undecided on it and only because of the miscarriages of justice that happen and then it's to late to rectify.

Yes, if there is absolutely no dispute as in the Lee Rigby case. I think the death sentence should be implemented, those two will be found guilty, and then we will be paying to keep them for the rest of their miserable lives :twisted:

If there is the slightest doubt then No.

No. Killing people reduces us (via our representatives in government) to the same level as the murderers we would be killing. They may be guilty of murder, but they are still people.

Then there is the issue of miscarriages of justice, which would become seriously irreversible.

Finally, those like the "suspects" in the Lee Rigby case would be granted that which they claim to want - martyrdom.

I'd make sure they didn't gave a chance to do the second wrong. As for martyrdom. So be it.

No but if there is absolute unquestionable evidence of guilt, I can't see why a tough life of work on an isolated prison island where nobody ever leaves shouldn't be imposed.

yes, pending circumstance. we kill in wars needlessly and that will never change so why not scare people into thinking twice about very serious crimes. i agree to a certain extent that killing anyone is a bad thing but justice/punishment is a different kettle of fish.

yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back